Saturday, March 1, 2008

To accept or Not

Well, it was a really difficult decision to make. To accept or not to accept, that was the question.

I had no one to consult at that very moment. We did not have mobile phones then and it was not easy to contact even your mum's school. Even if you were able to get through, there would be a long wait for her to answer. Would the school allow that?

But I also asked the officer or rather said that the course had already started and why I was called. She said that one of the participants could not make it so, there was a vacancy.

With that answer, and without hesitation, I accepted the offer.

The clerks at the office nodded and smiled, knowing that that was a chance of a lifetime. I thanked them for being so helpful and taking the trouble to call me even though I was at the other end of the school.

You see, I really believe that my lucky stars are always shining. And my friendly character would and will always bring foutune; in all aspects.

The pupils in my classes came to know that I would be leaving them soon. That afternoon, during classes, the little boys and girls came with teary eyes and sad faces. They asked and asked me why I was leaving them. They begged and begged me not to leave them.

My heart was heavy and deeply troubled because I was also unwilling to abandon them. I had been teaching them since Year 1 or rather seen them growing up. In fact, most of them were very attached to me because I was also the coach for their athletic team and the softball teams.

Jensen, if you now understood my situation, how would you feel.
To be continued.

No comments: