Monday, March 10, 2008

The Dinner

The school SJK(C) Wan Hwa 1 organised a farewell dinner for us. Of course I was the main star that night. As usual, we had a sumptious Chinese dinner; an eight-course dinner. During the dinner we were all chatting and joking about the days in school and the sudden hysteria a short while ago. They (the other teachers) kept pestering me for the technique that was so effective in causing such an emotional assembly. My answer to them was very simple and direct.

Love them like you love your children. Get to know them and praise them when due and punish them when needed. Be firm and go down to their level and be a friend to them. Then you have gained their trust and love.

Many teachers only know how to scold and to reprimand pupils and students in getting things done. There are other more practical ways doing so, To gain respect, we have to first give respect.

I think I had sent a message to quite a number of teachers. I sincerely hope that they understood my message and be better teachers. I am not trying to say I am the best teacher but I am still improving myself.

The dinner ended with a lot of handshakes and photographs taken.
To be continued

1 comment:

Leonardo said...

hi!!!
mr.chen!!!
u also have ur blog too!!!
link me!!!
http;//leofrancessco.blogspot.com
haha....
drop a comment for me too...