Friday, February 29, 2008

Life...

Life is full of obstacles, uncertainity, and test of patience. There is a saying "life is not a bed of roses". I am sure it means a lot to many people. Inteprete it in many ways too. When you least expect it, we are faced with unexpected events and we have to overcome them.
Jensen, my boy, I was in such a situation way back in 1993.
Let me tell you a little tale or a long tale.
You were only 4 years old then.

At that time I was still in the primary school busy with school work. I was in the afternoon sssion but as usual I had to attend to the school extra classes in the morning.

The office boy came running to the class telling me that there was a very urgent and important call from KL. I was surprised; maybe from the income tax department or some department asking for my particulars. Did I forget to pay my taxes?
Anyway, I answered the call. It was from the Department for Higher Education. The person in charge, a lady asked me if I want to accept the offer to take up the course in KL, inpreparation for the Degree programme in UK.

I had actually applied for the course and because there was no news from the relevant authorities, I assumed that I was unsuccessful. So I made up my mind to put full commitment in my work in helping the pupils academically and in sports.

If you were in my shoes, would you accept the offer,; knowing that you have to leave your family? There were your mum, your two elder sisters and you and whole lot of burden.

To be continued

No comments: