Tuesday, May 6, 2014

A Bad Case of Flu

Right on the night of the video session, I had a bad feeling. It was partly due to the fact that I did not take the daily dosage of Vitamin C as I had to rush to college each morning. The lack of water was also a cause. Secondly I had the misfortune to consume wine because it was Steve’s birthday that very night. We drank too much and that that was the cause.

The following morning I had a terrible sore throat, dry and full of phlegm. It was unbearable. I coughed and coughed and each morning I threw out thick yellow mucus. The cough persisted right until the first week of the third term. I should have gone to get some medication from the pharmacy but I was hoping that it would go away. But it did not. Out of sheer frustration I went, in the middle of the second week to get a bottle pf cough syrup.

After two days of constant consuming the medication, the cough disappeared. I was relieved of the constant coughing and the dry and irritating throat.

During the dew days of the break I visited the library  regularly to get material and books for the assignment. I finished all the tasks as usual and had them typed, word-processed and printed.

The three week break went by so fast and it was back to college for the third term. The final term was only for five weeks due to several reasons.


No comments: